Small Business Profile: Richard Jordan with Arise Plumbing


Richard Jordan, owner of Arise Plumbing Service LLC
Small Business Profile | Shop Small Business Saturday Week 2019

Arise Plumbing Service LLC is a full-service plumbing company with competitive pricing.  Richard Jordan is the owner and has 40+ years of plumbing experience and holds a Master Plumber’s license.  Arise is a growing company located in Temple, Georgia with repeat customers and referrals from satisfied customers.  Why?  Because they have made customer satisfaction as their number one goal.  If you want honest and professional service provided by licensed plumbers and backed by a 1-year guarantee on all work performed– give them a call at (770) 562-9934.
Q & A with Richard Jordan
Why do you do what you do?
My father was a plumber and I started helping him at an early age.  It has always been my passion to help him.
What initially inspired you to make the leap and start your own business? 
I have had several plumbing businesses over the years; however, a few years ago I started working for a fairly large and well-known company and found out they were all about up sales to get higher commission rates.  I knew in my heart that was not what God wanted for me.  At that point, I was ready to go back into business for myself.
What do you think is the biggest issue for small business owners?
Finances and keeping the phones ringing with customers needing my services.
What would you say has been the most rewarding thing about starting and running your own business?
Being my own boss and being able to help people without overcharging for services to make a good commission.
When hiring employees, what are the three most important criteria you look for in hiring candidates?
They have to have knowledge of plumbing. They have to have high morals and standards and be trustworthy so I can send them into one of my customer’s homes and not have to worry about them while they are there.  My philosophy is that if I can’t send them to my mother’s house without being present, then I don’t want to send them to my customer’s home either.
How would you like people to remember you and your company?
That we were honest and did a 5-star job for you every time we did work for you.
What have you taken away from your small business experience that you can give as advice for young entrepreneurs?
Be honest and fair to your customers and they will call you back and refer you to all their family and friends.
What would you do with unlimited resources?
I would do plumbing for all senior citizens and military free of charge.
Just for fun questions –
What song gets you pumped in the morning?
My God is an Awesome God
If you were a box of cereal, what would you be and why?
Corn flakes because that is what I eat almost every morning for breakfast.
If you were stranded on an island, what are three things (besides food and water) that you could not live without?
My Bible, writing tablet and pencils
What do you do on a night out?
Usually Mexican at El Tapatio in Temple, Georgia
Favorite Nonprofit?
Deeper Life Christian Center

Comments

Popular Posts